fbpx

COVID-19 Update | Covers May 15th – May 17th, 2020

For Mt. Gilead Camper Families:

Like us, we’re sure you’re keeping up with the news on COVID-19 and wondering how this could affect Mt. Gilead’s summer program. As always, our top priority is the health and safety of our campers and staff.

The CDC has just issued new guidelines for Summer Camps this summer. On the 15th of May, our board of directors will be making our first decision as to whether we should proceed with summer operations as normal or if we should modify summer camp plans based on the current situation here in Northeast Pennsylvania. An announcement regarding that decision will be posted online this Weekend (Saturday or Sunday). You may check back here on Sunday the 17th, or also check your email if you are registered for Summer Camp as all parents will receive an update automatically. 

We still recommend registering for camp if you plan to attend in Summer 2020 or Summer 2021 in order to hold your spot.

If our summer camp programs are canceled due to COVID-19, we will roll all pre-made deposits to Summer 2021 at no charge in order to help parents avoid credit card processing fees for any refunds made by our staff. This will not only hold your spot in line for Summer 2021 and lock families in at 2020 pricing, but save all parents the time and effort to register again in Summer 2021 as you will already be pre-registered and have paid your deposit. If a camper/parent decides in 2021 not to attend summer camp at any point, we will refund the “rolled” deposit at that time.

Timeline Of Decisions:

1. As of right now, the CDC and/or Government has not issued enough information regarding any models that would project whether summer camps will definitely be open or definitely closed this summer. It may also come down to a state-by-state or county-by-county decision made directly by each state’s governor.

2. Pennsylvania has a stay-at-home order until the end of May. We suspect an update on that order by the end of this time, and (according to the CDC) the odds are good that the social distancing will be continued through the month of May to a certain degree.

3. When will we know for sure if Summer Camp is canceled? We will know for sure, by June 1st, if not sooner. As soon as we know for sure, we will email parents immediately with the information. 

We take the health and safety of our Mt. Gilead Camp staff and campers very seriously. We remain prayerful and alert as we prepare for this summer’s camp season.

In Christ,

Adam Todd
Executive Director, Mt. Gilead Camp & Conference Center