Campers In Leadership Training
CILT I starts every September and is for campers entering into 10th grade or higher.
Why grade 10 or higher? Grades 10 – 12 are the years where campers often feel they are becoming too old for camp, but are still too young to serve as summer camp counselors. We feel this time of “limbo” is a crucial time in a young woman’s life since the world is often bombarding this generation with pressures on how to dress, how to act and what to believe through social media, TV, school, and peers. CILT is an accountability program as much as it is a discipleship program, and every CILT has a designated mentor at home, as well as at camp, who will be staying in contact with them throughout the year.
The CILT program is designed as an encouraging community of like-minded Christian campers and staff who want to challenge each other to dig deeper into God’s word and grow in their relationship with Him. The program offers girls the opportunity to stretch and challenge themselves through a structured program that holds campers accountable during their time both at camp and at home.
Read Our Focus to learn more about the heart of Mt. Gilead and why we believe so much in our CILT program.
The CILT Schedule:
1. CILT I Registration Due = September 15th
2. References, Charges & Mentors Due= Sept 30th
3. Off-Season CILT I Requirements = October – June
4. CILT I Summer Program = 2 Weeks Long: (June 30th – July 13th)
1. CILT II Registration Due = September 15th
2. Off-Season CILT II Requirements = October – June
3. Optional Leadership Trip (LDT) = Dec 26 – 31
4. CILT II Summer Program = 3 Weeks Long: (Staff Training Week & Weeks 1 & 2 of Summer Camp)
Learn a little bit about our CILT program and Leadership Development Trip from Maddy during one of our previous LDT Vlogs to Nicaragua!